Saturday, July 20, 2013

NEW-NESS!

Awhile back, I wrote about having a secret that I was waiting to share (no, I'm not pregnant :) My plan was to wait until everything was ready to announce the OPENING OF OUR NEW SHOP!! But, as you can tell, I'm just too excited to wait.


A few weeks ago, I experienced a major shift in energy. My heart broke open and lots of fears and doubts that I'd been carrying around for ages finally spilled out and drained away. I was left with a desire to live life to the fullest-- to dig down into my vulnerable places and let beauty and strength rise out of them. 

For me, painting has always been an outlet. Long before I learned macrame, I painted-- alone, in the privacy my room, in a sketchbook that I guarded like a diary. I loved painting and drawing, but I didn't feel like I was any good at it. I had some insanely artistic friends in high school, and I felt like I could never live up to their talent, so I kept my art hidden.

 


But I'm ready to break down that barrier-- I'm ready to share my art with the world. My paintings are a reflection of the beauty that I see all around me-- the incredible, powerful, gorgeous, soulful women who are in my life and who I've met here in cyberspace. I want to honor them and their beauty-- reflect it back, keep the energy moving, and release my own fears and doubts. 


So here we go!! Studio Spirit&Sol on Etsy will be open at the end of the month, stocked with prints of the paintings above, along with many more. 

~love and light, always~

No comments:

Post a Comment