Monday, July 1, 2013

Secret!!

I have a little secret I'm so excited about!! Big changes are coming to our little Etsy shop, and I've been working my tail off on this new project. I want to shout from the rooftops and tell everyone I know, but I've learned that with these things, it's better to wait a bit. For me, it's better to hold the newness close, to savor it all alone for a bit, letting it fill every corner of myself, before releasing it into the world.




With Tai, I kept my pregnancy a secret for the first twelve months. A lot played into this decision (I was wary of early losses, after having had one before, and also super nervous about how to share the news), but looking back, I loved having the secret all to myself for a bit (my hubby knew too, of course.) I was able to unwrap all my feelings, to deeply absorb what it meant to me to be a mom, and to release some fears that I knew would not serve me in my journey.

And so that's what I'm doing with this new little creative baby of mine. I'm holding her tight, putting all my love and energy into the process, and working through some fears that are still holding me back.

I can't wait to share with you!! --when the time is right ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment