Saturday, July 27, 2013

THIS & THAT// July


July shot by like a a firework. I find myself standing on the doorstep of August in disbelief-- where has the time gone? I think I've been so focused on painting that I forgot to sit back and just enjoy the summer. So that is my goal for August-- I will make more time to relax and breathe in the beauty of summer in the desert. 

This wild little man of mine has been filling my heart with joy lately. There are moments when I feel like I'm seeing him for the first time, and I can't believe how blessed I am to have him as my child. This blurry shot is of him dancing-- a new favorite pastime. Tai has no inhibition and no hesitation when he dances-- he just lets his body do what the music inspires. I can remember dancing the same way as a child, but it's been a long time since I've felt that sort of freedom. But I'm re-learning. During our morning dance parties, my little teaches me to let go-- to release my body to the music and just let it move. It's a lesson that I can apply across the board in my life-- trusting my body and heart and letting them move and feel naturally, without worrying how silly I look to the outside world. 

We've had a week or so of glorious, heavy rain. After months and months of drought, the water is so beautiful and welcome. Alexis and I lay awake at night watching the incredible lightening shows and listening to the rain pound the roof. And Tai has discovered puddles- a rare treat for kiddos raised in the desert. He stopped through the first one of the summer in his sandals, and then promptly asked for a pair of rain boots. :)



~in love and light~


No comments:

Post a Comment