Monday, August 19, 2013

AS SUMMER SLIPS AWAY...

I can feel the end of summer. It's been chilly here the past couple days-- goosebumps when I walk outside in the morning to take out the trash. The light is changing, kids are headed back to school. September is creeping up.


  I'm a girl who needs the sun. I mourn the loss of summer every year (as melodramatic as that sounds...) The warmth, the sunshine, the long evenings and nights warm enough to linger outside. Life slows down. I feel more alive.
So I've dedicated the next couple of weeks to enjoying summer in all of its glory. That means less work, more time outside, and tons more fun. Tai and I will be taking a mini- road trip with one of my oldest and dearest friends-- a perfect way to embrace summer and sweet freedom. 

A few of my favorite things about summer:



blue sky
The sky. Bright and blue in the morning and heavy with rain clouds in the afternoon. I could lay on my back and watch our New Mexico sky for hours...




Perfectly ripe peaches. 



Ice cream parties. (I brought the table cloth back from my first trip to Peru--it was a gift from the wonderful women at the prison where I volunteered.)

Flowers. 

The farmers market.

~in love and light~





No comments:

Post a Comment