Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer lovin

I'm a summer girl. As a kid, I remember feeling my spirit soar as soon as school let out and the days became gloriously long and lazy. These days, things aren't quite as care-free (I've got a wild one to keep up with and a business to run) but I still find myself swooning over summer. 


The days are deliciously hot, the nights long and gorgeous, and I can feel every cell in my body celebrating this season.

I love the light in the evenings-- hanging my clothes to dry after putting the babe to bed feels like such a treat. 

And the sunsets.... We've been surrounded by three forest fires here in NM, burning their way through thousands of acres of land. For days, the air was heavy with smoke-- I woke up to a thin layer of ash covering the kiddie pool in the back yard. The sunsets were incredible...but I took in their beauty with a heavy heart, thinking of the trees and animals and other creatures whose lives were painted across the sky. 


Thankfully, we got a good rain last night and the fires seem to be under control. Oooh, summer rains- another favorite of mine! I don't think there's anything more delicious than falling asleep to the sounds of thunder and the smell of rain. 

We've been cooling off with lots of sun tea-- my favorite new mix is peach tea, lemonade, and a splash of apple cider vinegar. So yummy, refreshing, and energizing! And it looks just like those sunsets that I love. 







No comments:

Post a Comment